Asia House is a restaurant which attempts to create Modern Asian cuisine which refers to traditional Asian dishes cooked using modern ingredients & techniques. Asia House is MSG free.
Location – Lake View Road, Southern Avenue , Kolkata.
Ambience & decor – Seating of about 25 people, the ambience is warm and the decor is impressive, with nice lighting , wall pieces which represents true Asian art.
Staffs & Service – Staffs are very polite and service is prompt.
Went on a food tasting event on 6/3/2017, we were served the following –
Soups & Starters –
1) Vietnamese pho ( chicken )
2) Asian Mushroom soup ( chicken )
3)Sui Mai ( chicken )
4)Pla Sad Takrai
5)Indonesian Chicken Satay
1) Kai Pad Kraprow
2) Sliced Fish in chef’s secret sauce
4) Chilli Garlic Noodles ( egg )
1)Darsaan with icecream
2) Fried ice cream
All the dish were good and nicely made .
Foodie’s top picks –
1) Asian Mushroom soup ( chicken ) – It is thick ginger flavoured Asian soup with mushrooms & spring onions.It had generous fillings and was flavourful and appetising.
2)Fried Icecream – Fried vanilla ice cream infused with coconut flakes and finished with honey, white sesame and chocolate sauce was very nicely presented and was heavenly. Highly recommended.
3)Pla sad Takrai – Thai crispy fish tossed with lemongrass, bird’s eye Chilli, coriander and Thai herbs . This dish is a superstar item. Its lipsmacking, juicy with perfect flavour.Highly recommended.
4)Sliced Fish in Chef’s secret sauce – It is made from Asian prunes and shrimps is again a mouth watering item . The secret sauce tasted tangy , fish was succulent and this item is a thing not to miss.
5) Chilli Garlic egg noodles – is well cooked and had perfect balance of spiciness , less oily and was great.
Thanks to the management of Asia House for their warm reception and hospitality.
Invitation Courtesy – Rajdeep Bhattacharjee (Gourmets Travel Guide)
Proud member of Team #PanchPhoron.